the Beating Path
yet Close to the Fun
(A selection of beat-up phrases from David Tuggyís blooper
- He doesnít beat any bones about it.
- I know we donít want to beat a dead bush.
- Am I just beating a dead horse to death?
- Youíre beating a dead straw horse when
- Not to beat a dying bush, but that yard looks ugly.
- We were trying to beat down all the doors that we
- My dad used to beat me over a stick.
- He sort of beat that thru the bush.
- [I donít want to go to that meeting:] They
like a dead horse in there.
- She has beat me to the bush.
- We have gotton way off the beat and track.
- I donít want to beat the bandwagon. [= blow my own horn]
- You donít go around beating the bush.
- That beats the cake!
- Another one beats the dust!
- [He] beats to a different drum.
- She beats to a different drummer.
- He beats to his own drum.
- He could beat us with both brains tied behind our back.
- They keep beating us around the bush.
- We donít need to beat ourselves on the
- We keep beating heads.
- Itís not too fancy but it beats a stick.
- [He] turned beat red, jugular veins popping out on
- Itís no use beating dead wood.
- I bet you! [after winning a Nintendo game]
- Donít beat yourself with a dead stick.
- He got beaten the snot out of.
- He keeps beating his head against a dead horse.
- Thatís where the rubber beats the road.
Illustration Copyright 2000 Christopher
The bloopers on this page are available on a Wiki free-use
Back to David Tuggyís For Fun page
Back to David Tuggyís main page