Translation Helps on Video
Videos from the International Translation Department
The primary purpose of these videos is to help those involved in Bible translation to update their skills and knowledge. The videos are suitable for use in courses and workshops for Bible translators. Each video costs $15.00 in NTSC (USA) or PAL format, plus postage. When ordering please specify which format you require.
- Translation and Relevance Theory, by Ernst-August Gutt.
4 modules (27, 28, 24, and 51 min.) It gives a basic introduction to relevance theory with application to Bible translation. 130 min. total.
- Fundamentals of Translation Theory, by Kathleen Callow.
6 modules (18, 18, 24, 24, 26, and 18 min.) It discusses the principles of cognitive communication and the implications for translation. 128 min. total.
- Introduction to New Testament Textual Issues, by John Callow.
4 modules (21, 17, 11, and 15 min.). 65 min. total.
- The Old Testament Text, How it came to us, by Hanni Kuhn
3 modules (23, 16, 16 min.). 55 min. total
- Testing the Translation, by Andrew Persson and Kevin Jarrett, explains different methods of testing translations. 60 min. total.