Elizabeth Ann R. Willett
- Ph.D. Near Eastern Studies, University of Arizona 1999.
- M.A. Near Eastern Studies, University of Arizona 1995.
- M.A. Linguistics, University of North Dakota 1981.
- B.A. Literature, Wheaton College 1969.
- Bible Translation Consultant (1991 – )
- Linguistics consultant (1981 – )
- Field linguist/translator (1975 – )
- Director, Prophets Translation Workshop, Pucallpa, Peru, 2007.
- Director, 1 Corinthians Translation Workshop, Oaxaca, Mexico, 2006.
- Director, Genesis Translation Workshop, Oaxaca, Mexico, 2004.
- Lecturer in Phonology and Linguistics Field Methods, PROEL, University of Leon, Spain, 2006.
- Dept. Head Phonology 1995, 1997, 2000, and Dept. Head Literacy, 1998, Diploma in Linguistics and Cultural Empathy, Madero University, Puebla, Mexico.
- Tall Jalul Archaeological Excavation, Madaba Plains, Jordan, 1996, 1999.
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Ancient Near East
- Women’s Studies
2002. Household Gods. In IVP Women's Bible CommentaryDowners Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity.
2002. “Infant Mortality and Family Religion in the Biblical Periods. ” DavarLogos 1.1: 27-42.
2001. (with Thomas L. Willett) Tepehuán. In Oxford Encyclopedia of Mesoamerican Cultures. Davíd Carrasco, ed. New York: Oxford.
1999. Women and household shrines in ancient Israel. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Arizona.
1997. “Dos Imagenes de la Mujer en el Libro de Proverbios. ”Theologika 12/1:18-26.
1996. “The Dual Festival System of the Southern Tepehuan of Mexico. ” Journal of the Southwest 38/2.
1985. “Palatalization in Southeastern Tepehuan. ” International Journal of American Linguistics 51: 618-20.
1982. “Reduplication and Accent in Southeastern Tepehuan. ”International Journal of American Linguistics 48:168-84.
2001. “Infant Mortality and Women’s Religion in the Biblical Periods. ” Paper presented at the Annual Meetings of the American Schools of Oriental Research, Boulder, Colorado, and the Society of Biblical Literature, Denver, Colorado. [To be included in a Cambridge Scholars Press volume.]
2000. “Hathor, Asherah, Divine Eye Symbols, and the Judean Pillar-base Figurines. ” Paper presented to the Annual Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, Nashville, Tenn. [Also presented to the 2001 International Congress of History of Science, Mexico City.]
1999. “Benches—Sacred or Secular? ” Paper presented to the Annual Meeting of the American Schools of Oriental Research, Cambridge, Mass.
1997. “Women and Household Shrines in Ancient Israel. ” Paper presented to the Annual Meetings of the American Schools of Oriental Research, Napa, Calif., and the Society of Biblical Literature, San Francisco, Calif. [Also presented at the 1998 SBL Pacific Coast Region conference.]
1997. “Two Images of Women in the Book of Proverbs. ” Paper presented to the Society of Biblical Literature, Pacific Coast Region.
1996. “Women and Sympathetic Magic in Ancient Israel. ” Paper presented to the Society of Biblical Literature, Pacific Coast Region.
2001 Women and Israelite House Religion. www.bibleinterp.com.