Keith L. Snider
- D.Litt. in African Linguistics, Leiden University (1990).
- M.A. in Linguistics, University of Texas at Arlington (1980).
- B.Th., Canadian Bible College (1978).
- International Linguistics Consultant, SIL International (1995– )
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Linguistics, University of North Dakota (2004– )
- Associate Professor of Linguistics, Trinity Western University (2000– )
- Director, M.A. in Linguistics Program, Trinity Western University (2006–2010)
- Academic Dean, Canada Institute of Linguistics (2004–2007)
- Linguistics Coordinator, SIL–Cameroon (1993–1999)
- Linguistics Coordinator, GILLBT–Ghana (1985–1987)
- Coordinator, Chumburung Language Project (1982–1987)
- Linguistic Society of America
- West African Linguistics Society
- Canadian Linguistic Association
- English (mother tongue)
- Tone analysis
- Historical and comparative linguistic reconstruction
- Orthography issues
- African linguistics
1999. The Geometry and Features of Tone. Summer Institute of Linguistics and the University of Texas at Arlington Publications in Linguistics 133. Dallas.
1993. (co-editor with Harry van der Hulst) The Representation of Tonal Register. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
2004. “SIL comparative African word list (SILCAWL). ” Snider, Keith and James Roberts. Journal of West African Languages 31 (2): 73-122.
1998. “Phonetic realisation of downstep in Bimoba.” Phonology 15.1, 77-101.
1993. (with Harry van der Hulst) “Issues in the representation of tonal register.” In Harry van der Hulst and Keith Snider, eds. The Representation of Tonal Register. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
1990. “Tonal upstep in Krachi: Evidence for a register tier.” Language 66.3, 453-74.
1989. “Vowel coalescence in Chumburung: An autosegmental analysis.” Lingua 78, 217-32.
1988. “Towards the representation of tone: A three dimensional approach.” In Harry van der Hulst and Norval Smith, eds. Features, Segmental Structure and Harmony Processes, Vol. 1, 237-69. Dordrecht: Foris Publications.
2008. “Tone and Orthography in the African Context: What Linguists Need to Know.” Presented at the Annual Conference on African Linguistics, University of Georgia, Athens.
2007. “Towards a Typology of Tonal Downstep.” Presented at the Linguistics Colloquium Series, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC.
2002. “ Automatic and nonautomatic downstep in Chumburung: An instrumental comparison.” Presented at the 9th International Phonology Meeting, Vienna, Austria.
2001. “Pitch and vowel quality in Chumburung: An instrumental study.” Presented at the 32nd Annual Conference on African Linguistics, Berkeley, CA.
1998. “Tone and utterance length in Chumburung: An instrumental study.” Presented at the 28th Colloquium on African Languages and Linguistics, Leiden, The Netherlands.
2010. (with Larry Hayashi) “ComparaLex.“ A research database for comparing different word lists. http://comparalex.canil.ca/