- Ph.D. Linguistics, Georgetown University, Washington, DC (1988)
- M.S. Linguistics, Georgetown University, Washington, DC (1980)
- B.A. Oriental Studies, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (1975)
- Associate Executive Director, SIL International (2006 – present)
- Director for South Asia, SIL International (2001–2005)
- Member of Board of Directors, SIL International (1999–2002)
- Program Coordinator (Survey, India Training), South Asia, SIL International (1994–2000)
- Lecturer, Regional Language Centre and SIL Asia, Singapore (1992, 1994 – 1995)
- Language Survey Specialist, Pakistan, India, Nepal, SIL International (1989–1993)
- Linguistic Consultant, Archive of Folk Culture, Library of Congress, Washington, DC for Linguistic Atlas/American Dialect Society Project (1987–1988)
- Teacher of English as a Second Language, Refugee Education and Employment Program, Arlington, Virginia (1984–1986)
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Linguistics, Georgetown University (1981–1984)
- Some spoken proficiency in Japanese, Nepali, Urdu, Spanish
- Language Maintenance and Shift
- Language Policy
1992. Series Editor, Sociolinguistic Survey of Northern Pakistan, Volumes 1-5, Islamabad: National Institute of Pakistan Studies and Summer Institute of Linguistics
1992. Introduction, Sociolinguistic Survey of Northern Pakistan, Volumes 1-5, xiii-xvii. Islamabad: National Institute of Pakistan Studies and Summer Institute of Linguistics.
1992. (with Calinda E. Hallberg) Dialect Variation & Multilingualism among Gujars of Pakistan, Sociolinguistic Survey of Northern Pakistan, Volume 3: Hindko and Gujari, by Calvin R. Rensch, Calinda E. Hallberg and Clare F. O'Leary, pp. 89-194. Islamabad: National Institute of Pakistan Studies and Summer Institute of Linguistics
1993. The Role of Recorded Text Tests in Intelligibility Assessment and Language Program Decisions. Notes on Language Programs and Literature in Use, SIL, Dallas.
1997. Ethnolinguistic Vitality and Survey Research in India. 3rd International Language Assessment Conference. Horsleys Green, England.
1992. Sociolinguistic Research in Northern Pakistan. Linguistic Symposium, Payap University, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
1988. Language Maintenance and Shift in a Vietnamese Refugee Community: Patterns of Attitudes and Behaviors. Georgetown University Linguistics Department, Unpublished PhD Dissertation.