- M.A. in Education – Reading Specialization, New Mexico State University, 1979
- B.S. in Elementary Education, University of Texas at El Paso, 1970
- International Literacy and Education Consultant (2008 – )
- Adjunct Associate Instructor, Graduate Institute of Linguistics (GIAL), TX, (2007 – )
- Adjunct professor, Second Language Acquisition and Reading Curriculum and Development, Dallas Baptist University, (2007 – )
- Workshop participant, Multilingual Education Symposium, Chiang Mai, Thailand, May 26 – 30, 2008.
- Elementary ESL and bilingual education teacher, Duncanville School District, TX. (1984 – 2007)
- Primer and literacy program development consultant, Honduras and Colombia. (1993, 1994, 1999, 2001, 2003)
- Literacy Consultant, SIL Guatemala Branch. (1980 – 1984)
- Bangingi literacy project team member, Philippines, (1974 – 1975)
- International Reading Association
- Second language acquisition
- Bilingual education
- Curriculum development
2007. (with Ron Morren). “Are the goals and objectives of Jamaica's Bilingual Education Project being met?" ” SIL Electronic Working Papers 2007-009
1975a. Mag-anad kita Magbassa (Let’s learn to read). Zamboanga, Philippines: Dept. of Education.
1975b. Pag-anaran Magbassa (Learning to Read). Zamboanga, Philippines: Dept. of Education.
2008. “Do Caribbean Creole Speakers Really Want to Read and Write their Own Language? YES!” Co-authored with Ron Morren. 22nd World Congress on Reading, July 28-31, 2008, proposed paper accepted.
2006. “Songs, Poems, and Nursery Rhymes to Teach Standard English to Creole-speaking Children ” Co-authored and co-presented with Ron Morren to the Society for Caribbean Linguistics, Dominica, August 2-6, 2006.
2006. “How can we effectively teach young children to read more fluently? ” Co-authored and co-presented with Brenda Bernier to the International Reading Association, Chicago, April 30-May 4, 2006.
1999. “How to use Graphic Organizers in the Classroom ” Paper presented to English Language Teachers Conference, Manizales, Colombia, September 1999.
1997. “How to write a primer from scratch ” Paper presented to 13th Annual Immigrant Faire, Sacramento, CA 1997.