Carolyn P. Miller
- L.H.D., Humane Letters, Houghton College (1993)
- M.A., Linguistics, Univ. of North Dakota (1966)
- B.A., English & Classics, Houghton College (1960)
- President, SIL International (1999-2008)
- SIL Board (1990–2008)
- Co-director, Mainland SE Asia (1996–2000)
- Linguistic Consultant, Mahidol Univ. (1996–2000)
- Teacher, Social Dialectology, Mahidol Univ. (1995–1996)
- Sociolinguistics Consultant, MSEA Group (1992–1996)
- Language project Natl. Research Council of Thailand, Mon Khmer Languages of Northeast Thailand (1992–1994)
- Asst. Coordinator, Technical Studies, Thailand Group (1992–1994)
- Consultant to Kadazan Cultural Assoc. for Kadazan–Malay–English Dictionary (1988–1990)
- Applied Ling. Comm. Chairman, Malaysia Branch (1987–1991)
- Coordinator, Technical Studies, Malaysia Branch (1986–1988)
- Ling. Comm. Chairman, Malaysia Branch (1979–1986)
- Language Survey & Kadazan language project, Malaysia (1978–1991)
- Teacher, linguistics, Houghton College (1976, 1982)
- Bru language project, Vietnam (1961–1975)
- Ethnolinguistic vitality
- Language maintenance & shift
1996. “Application of typologies for language maintenance and loss to Southeast Asian linguistic minorities: the case of the Bru-So and Kadazan-Dusun language continua,” Pan-Asiatics Lnguistics: Proceedings of the Fourth International Symposium on Languages and Linguistics, January 8–10, 1996. Volume V.
1994. Perceptions of ethnolinguistic identity, language shift and language use in Mon-Khmer language communities of Northeast Thailand. Mon-Khmer Studies 23.83–101.
1993. Kadazan/Dusun phonology revisited. Sabah Museum Monograph Vol. 4.
1989. Problems and possibilities in language standardisation: the case for the Kadazan/Dusun language. Berita IDS Development Review 4:2.8–13.
1987. Assessing levels of complexity in Kadazan texts. Word 1:138.27–45.
1976. Structural ambiguity in the Vietnamese relative clause. Mon-Khmer Studies 5.233–67.