Dennis L. Malone
- Ph.D., Indiana University, 1998
- M.A., Concordia University (Illinois), 1972
- B.S. Concordia University (Illinois), 1964
- International Consultant for Multilingual Education
- Consultant for Bangla language education, BRAC (Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee), Bangladesh (2004)
- Literacy and Education Lecturer, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks (Literacy Megacourse) (2001-2002)
- Applied Linguistics Consultant, Primary Education Project, Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam (funded through World Bank) (2000–2001)
- Adjunct Professor of Linguistics, University of Texas, Arlington (Literacy Megacourse) (1997)
- National Mother Tongue Literacy Technical Advisor, National Department of Education, Papua New Guinea (1989-1991)
- Co-Editor READ Magazine (Promotes literacy in Asia and Pacific) (1983-1987)
- Literacy Specialist, Facilitator, Kaugel Language Literacy Project, Papua New Guinea (1982-1987)
- International Reading Association (1983)
- Tok Pisin (Papua New Guinea)
- Kaugel (PNG)
- Mother Tongue-based Multilingual Education
- Language Revitalization
- Mother Tongue Literacy
2007. Kam-Mandarin Bilingual Education Pilot Project. In
Mother Tongue-Based Literacy Programs: Case Studies of Good Practice in Asia, C. Haddad, ed. Pp. 71-92. Bangkok: UNESCO Bangkok.
Online at URL: :http://www2.unescobkk.org/elib/publications/113/mother-tonque-based.pdf
2005. Where do we go from here? The Prospects and challenges of language revitalization in Southeast Asia. In A Collection of papers on Language and Culture for Rural Development: In honor of Dr. Khunying Suriya Ratanakul and Dr. Suwilai Premsrirat, , Sophana Srichampa, ed.. Pp. 202-220. Bangkok: Institute of language and Culture for Rural development. Mahidol University. [Original title is in Thai.]
2004. In-Between People: Language and culture maintenance in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea. Dallas: SIL International.
2003. “Developing curriculum materials for endangered language education: Lessons for the field.” International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism 6(5),332-348.
2008. “Mother Tongue-based Multilingual Education in Multilingual Contexts: How Strong Must It Be?” Paper presented at the International Conference on Multilingual Education: Challenges, Perspectives, and Opportunities. New Delhi, India. 5-8 February 2008.
2003. with Suwilai Premsrirat. “Language development and language revitalization
in Asia.” Paper presented at the International Conference on Language Development, Language Revitalization and Multilingual Education in Asia. Bangkok, Thailand, 5-7
Online at URL: http://www.sil..org/literacy/multi_resource.htm