- M.A (Education and Linguistics), University of Manchester UK, (1978).
- Diploma (Theology), London University, UK.
- Teaching Certificate, St Mary's, Cheltenham , UK.
- Africa Area Scripture Use Coordinator
- International Sociolinguistics Consultant, SIL (2000– )
- International Translation Consultant, SIL (1987– )
- Literacy Facilitator: Ngbaka literacy project (1983– )
- Head of Department of Morphology and Syntax, British SIL (4 times between 1983 – 1994)
- Translation Coordinator for West Congo Group
- Translation consultant and Coordinator for Ngbandi translation project, DR Congo of New Testament (1982–86)
- Translation consultant and Coordinator for Ngbaka translation project, DR Congo of whole Bible (1978-82, 87-95)
- Scripture Impact
2008 “Translating the Bible into Action ” Piquant Press, UK (Co-author Harriet Hill)
2000 “Naturalness workshop in Kenya.” Notes on Translation 14 (1):28-33.
1999 “Six areas that need care in interconfessional projects” Notes on Translation. 13 (4):11-14
1999 “Assessment courses to choose mother tongue translators” Notes on Translation. 13 (4):15-26.
1995. “Ngbaka adult literacy program in northwestern Zaire” Notes on Literacy. 21 (4):38-55.
1995 “Some practical considerations for translating the Old Testament.” Notes on Translation. 9 (2.):34-39.
1993. “Using your Bible.” A manual in Scripture in use. 102 pp. High Wycombe: Wycliffe Bible Translators, UK.
1992. (ed., with Marianne Clottu,) Manuel d'enseignement: Atelier de promotion saintes escritures. 148 pp. Abidjan: Société Internationale de Linguistique.
1989. “(with Ngbaka translation team). Dea To Nga ngo nu ge” [Politics of the World, in Ngbaka, plus 30+ other books].
1984. “Literacy programmes for large language groups.” Notes on Literacy 43:16-21.
1982. (with Wagbala Matthew) Yambala Tolo Mbeti [Reading Primer in the Ngbaka Language].
1979. Writer's handbook. 97 pp. Abidjan: Cameroon: Summer Institute of Linguistics.
1978. Literacy handbook. 127 pp. Yaounde, Cameroon: Societe Internationale de Linguistique.
2008. “Listening Audiences and Reading Audiences of Translations ” Presented at BT 08
2005. “The challenge of acceptability of the translation by the target language community ” Presented at the Bible in Africa conference held at the University of Stellenbosch l S Africa.
2001. “Language Diversity and Adult literacy Programs.” Presented at the Language and Development Conference, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia (September 5-7).