Leslie A. Foster
- M.A., Linguistics, University of Texas at Arlington, 1988
- B.S., Chemistry, University of North Carolina, 1979
- Certified Senior Language and Culture Learning Consultant, SIL International, 2012-present
- Training Coordinator, WBTNZ and SILNZ, 2003-present
- Visiting lecturer, Eastwest College of Intercultural Studies, 2004-present
- Language and Culture Acquisition course (LACA) Guest Lecturer, ARILAC, Handong Global University, South Korea, 2007–2011
- LACA Guest Lecturer, School of Frontier Mission, University of the Nations, Tonga, 2006
- LACA Guest Lecturer, Alliance Graduate School, Philippines, 2004
- LACA Guest Tutor, EQUIP, Australia, 2003
- Visiting Lecturer, Bible College of New Zealand, 2000–2004, 2007
- Guest Lecturer, Introductory Grammar, Asia SIL, Singapore, 1996
- Guest Lecturer, Introduction to Language and Grammar, Kartidaya, Indonesia, 1994–1995
- Lecturer, Linguistics and English as a Foreign Language, Satya Wacana Christian University, Indonesia, 1992–1996
- Linguistics Tutor, Asia SIL, 1991
- Lecturer, Phonology and English as a Foreign Language, Pattimura University, Indonesia, 1989–1991
- English: ILR 5
- Indonesian, ILR 2+
- Teaching in multicultural settings
- Training non-native English speakers in English
- Assessment in accredited courses
Taber, Mark, Leslie Foster, Charles Grimes, Jules Pattiselanno, and Howard Shelden, eds. 1996. Atlas Bahasa Tanah Maluku. Ambon: Pusat Pengkajian dan Pengembangan Maluku, Universitas Pattimura and Summer Institute of Linguistics.
Foster, Leslie. 2012. What pre-field language and culture learning topics have been helpful in on-field learning situations. Paper presented at the 4th Meeting of the Asian Congress on Language Learning, 11–14 March, Chiang Mai, Thailand. http://www.asiancll.org/acll/Welcome.html.
Foster, Leslie. 2010. Students who make their own games and props demonstrate successful learning. Paper presented at the 7th International Congress on Language Learning, 26 September–1 October in Colorado Springs, Colorado. http://www.mti.org/icll.htm.