- PhD., Linguistics. University of California, San Diego 1993
- MA., Linguistics. University of Texas, Arlington, 1978
- BFA. North Texas State University. 1976
- SIL International Board of Directors (2008 – )
- Translation Consultant for SIL, Peru (1993 – )
- Linguistic Consultant for SIL, Peru (1993 – )
- Continuing work on Wanca dictionary (Sep 82 – )
- Course Head, Introduction to Language and Linguistics, School of Intercultural Studies, Biola University, Jan-May 2008
- Course on Literary Genres of the New Testament. United Bible Societies, Lima, Peru. May 2007.
- Workshop series on Translation Principles and Relevance Theory, Lima, Peru. Oct, Dec 2006, Feb, Mar, Jun 2007, Mar 2008.
- Course Head, Articulatory Phonetics course in Spanish for CILTA (Curso Intensivo de Lingüística y Traducción Aplicada) Universidad Ricardo Palma, Lima, Peru. October 2004
- Course Head, Articulatory Phonetics, and Introduction to Language and Linguistics, School of Intercultural Studies, Biola University, Sept 2003-May 2004, Jan-May 2008
- Taught seminar on Wanca Quechua grammar to Wanca Quechua speakers, Huancayo Peru, Jun 2003, Nov 2002, Apr 2003
- Taught seminar on exegesis, Seminario Bíblico Sudamericano, Huancayo, Peru, Nov 2001
- Course head, Language Learning, (Tagalog). Asia SIL, Darwin Australia Sep 2000.
- Staff head, Field Methods, TXSIL Dallas TX Jan-May 1998.Organized and taught seminar on cognitive linguistics as applied to the investigation of the semantics of Quechua morphology, April 1997, Lima, Peru.
- Taught seminar on Bible translation and cross-cultural issues, Seminario Bíblico Sudamericano, Huancayo, Peru. Feb 1997
- Co-taught seminar on Relevance Theory as applied to discourse. April 1996, Huanuco, Peru
- Co-taught seminar on principles of Dictionary making. April 1996, Huanuco, Peru
- Teaching Assistant in undergraduate language program UCSD, teaching 2d, 3d and 4th level Analysis of Spanish. Sep 1991-Jun 1993; Sep 1986-Jun 1989.
- Staff head, Articulatory Phonetics, SIL, Eugene, OR, Jun-Aug 1991.
- Taught Articulatory Phonetics course in Spanish to linguistics students at University of Lima, Peru, Jan 1990.
- Staff head, Field Methods, SIL, Eugene, OR, Jun-Aug 1988, 1987
- Assisted in teaching portions of a seminar on Pragmatics, Chaclacayo, Peru, May 1986.
- Assisted teaching Quechua Orientation Course, Huánuco, Peru, Feb-Mar 1984, 1983.
- Phonetics staff, SIL, Norman, OK, Jun-Aug 1977-1980.
- Phonetics staff, SIL, Dallas, TX, Sep 1979-May 1980.
- Taught English as a Second Language to Cuban immigrants, Dallas, TX, Jun-Oct 1971.
- Member of the Society for the Study of Indigenous Languages of the Americas, 1989-present
- Member of the International Cognitive Linguistics Association, 1989-present.
- Member and employee of the Summer Institute of Linguistics and Wycliffe Bible Translators, Inc, Aug 1975-present.
- English: native speaker
- Spanish: near native speaking proficiency
- Wanca Quechua: reading proficiency: good; speaking profiency: good; comprehension: good.
- French: reading proficiency: fair
- Cognitive linguistics
- 2d Language Acquisition
2006. Muśhü Limalicuy.(The New Testament in Wanca Quechua). The Bible League:Grand Rapids.
2006. (with Anita Bickford) Tools for Analyzing the World's Languages: A Short Course in Articulatory Phonetics (revision). Dallas: Summer Institute of Linguistics.
2002. “Completion, comas and other ‘downers’: observations on the Wanka Directional suffix -lpu ”Proceedings of the International Cognitive Linguistics Association,Stockholm. July 1999. Eugene Casad, ed.
1999. The Structure of Wanka Quechua Evidential CategoriesDallas: Summer Institute of Linguistics and the University of Texas at Arlington Publications in Linguistics.
1997. “Observations on Wanka Quechua conjecture marking and subjectification. ” Current Issues in Linguistic Theory, 150: Lexical and Syntactical Constructions and the Construction of Meaning, 129-147, Marjolijn Verspoor, Kee Dong Lee and Eve Sweetser, eds. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
1997. La estructura categorial de los evidenciales en el quechua wanka. Lima: Instituto Linguistico de Verano, Serie Linguistica Peruana.
1996. “Experience, certainty and control,and the direct evidential in Wanka Quechua questions. ”Functions of Language, 3, 1:69-93.
1994. “The reportative as a radial category: a study in prototypes ” inLanguage in the Andes, Peter Cole, Gabriella Hermon and Mario Daniel Martin (eds), 151-189. Newark, Delaware: University of Delaware.
1981. Manual for Articulatory Phonetics. Dallas: SIL
Jun 2006. On aspects of translation and literacy. Curso Introductorio de la Lingüística y Traducción Aplicada, Lima, Peru.
May 2003. Aspectos de la dialectología quechua. Presentation at Universidad Ricardo Palma, Lima. Peru.
Apr 2003. Principios de diseño para la ortografía. Presentation at Universidad Pontífica La Católica, Lima, Peru.
1995. Observations on Wanka Quechua conjecture marking and subjectification. Meetings of the ICLA, July. Albuquerque NM.
Jul 88: “CV, MP and compensatory lengthening”, Andean Linguistics Symposium, International Congress of Americanists, Amsterdam.