SIL International Financial Information
SIL International is pleased to share information about its financial position. From this page, you can access copies of:
- SIL International's audited financial statements for the past three years
- SIL International's form 990 submissions to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service
- SIL's correspondence with the IRS to obtain its nonprofit status
If you have any questions about SIL International's finances, please contact our .
These documents can only be read using the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. The reader is available free from Adobe's Acrobat download page. Follow their instructions for installing the reader on your computer and configuring your Web browser to handle PDF files.
- October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011 (299 KB)
- October 1, 2009 to September 30, 2010 (176 KB)
- October 1, 2008 to September 30, 2009 (198 KB)
- October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011 (795 KB)
- October 1, 2009 to September 30, 2010 (1.3 MB)
- October 1, 2008 to September 30, 2009 (1.3 MB)
The documents contained in the file below are in order of importance and are, mostly, in chronological order.
The file contains:
- Current recognition by IRS of our status as exempt from Federal Income Tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. May 17, 1995
- Recognition by IRS of our change of name from Summer Institute of Linguistics of Texas to Summer Institute of Linguistics Incorporated. June 5, 1995
- Letter from our office to IRS requesting the name change cited in number 2, above. January 11, 1995
- Two-page letter of recognition by IRS of our tax exempt status as 501(c)(3) when we were named Summer Institute of Linguistics of Texas. April 27, 1983.
- View Tax Exempt Status documents (678 KB)