Linguistics: SIL's Foundation
SIL International 2010 Update
This 2010 Update focuses on a few of the opportunities SIL had in 2010 to work with advocates who promote and provide training for ethnolinguistic communities as they develop skills to conduct and sustain their own language development and education programs.
Table of Contents:
- University Extension Classes for Naskapi
- Yunnan Province 10-year Memorandum of Understanding
- Burundi Song-composition Workshop
- Vanuatu: Six-language Dictionary and Dictionary-making Workshop
- SIL Bibliography Now Contains 40,000 Works
- SIL Celebrates 20th Anniversary in Chad
- SIL's First Chief Research Officer
- SIL Statistics
- About SIL
SIL is privileged to serve alongside ethnolinguistic minority communities as they seek to preserve their language and cultural identity as well as to connect more effectively with the wider world.
The SIL 2010 Update is supplied as a PDF file which can only be read using the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. The reader is free and is available for Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX from Adobe's Acrobat download page. Follow their instructions for installing the reader on your computer and configuring your Web browser to handle PDF files.