75 Years of Service
SIL International 2009 Update
- participation in international conferences that address national policies on multilingualism
- advocating the importance of language issues in adult learning at the CONFINTEA VI conference in Brazil
- partnering in comprehensive linguistic surveys
- working alongside Deaf linguist-translators on the application of linguistic and translation principles to sign languages
- literacy training opportunities around the world
- the acceptance of SIL’s Graphite smart font software into OpenOffice.org
SIL looks forward to continued participation in partnerships that support communities striving to preserve their language and cultural identity.
The SIL 2009 Update is supplied as a PDF file which can only be read using the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. The reader is free and is available for Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX from Adobe's Acrobat download page. Follow their instructions for installing the reader on your computer and configuring your Web browser to handle PDF files.