A Mosaic of languages and cultures: studies celebrating the career of Karl J. Franklin
MCELHANON, Kenneth A.; REESINK, Gerard P., editors. 2010. A Mosaic of languages and cultures: studies celebrating the career of Karl J. Franklin. SIL e-Books 19. [Dallas]: SIL International. xx, 454 pages. http://www.sil.org/resources/publications/entry/9253
Available online at http://www.sil.org/resources/publications/entry/9253
- A critical analysis of the Old Greek (G) of Amos 3:12 in light of ancient translation practices, by ZOBULE, A., author.
- A preliminary analysis of East Kewa Tone, by ROSS, Malcolm, author.
- A remarkable chain tale from New Guinea, by VOORHOEVE, C. L., author.
- A role and reference grammar account of Bonggi adversative constructions, by BOUTIN, Michael E., author (Malaysia).
- An ancient love poem: the Book of Canticles, by LONGACRE, Robert E., author.
- Cannibals, kiaps, and magistrates: three eras impacting Samo spatiality, interpersonal relationships, and Bible translation., by SHAW, R. Daniel, author.
- Does the use of money affect results in experimental games? Comparing cash and betel nut in dictator and ultimatum games on New Ireland, by BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author.
- Emotions in the Alamblak lexicon, by BRUCE, Kathleen; BRUCE, Leslie P., authors.
- Foreground and background in Mbyá Guaraní clause chaining, by DOOLEY, Robert A., author (Brazil).
- From terse to loose: translating Hebrew poetry into Hawai`i Pidgin, by GRIMES, Joseph E., author.
- Function becomes meaning: the case of Nawatl 'tla-', by TUGGY, David H., author (Mexico).
- Helter Skelter and ñugl ñagl: English and Kalam rhyming jingles and the psychic unity of mankind, by PAWLEY, Andrew, author.
- Karl J. Franklin: multi-talented academic extraordinaire, by LITTERAL, Robert L., author.
- Karl J. Franklin—his story, by FRANKLIN, Kirk; HARDIN, Karol J., authors.
- Land-language link, by LANDWEER, M. Lynn, author.
- Prototype semantics and the emergence of motor vehicle categories, by MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author.
- Successive African and European contributions to Suriname Creole lexicons, by HUTTAR, George L., author (Suriname).
- Talking about motion and location in Tuam, by BUGENHAGEN, Robert D., author.
- The appearing and disappearing world of the Bogaiya: a corner of Papua New Guinea cultural history, by STEWART, Pamela J.; STRATHERN, Andrew J., authors.
- The dialects of Koiari revisited, by DUTTON, Tom, author.
- The difference a word makes, by REESINK, Gerard P., author.
- The Kháng language of Vietnam in comparison to Ksingmul (Xinh-mun), by EDMONDSON, Jerold A., author (Viet Nam).
- The semantics of three Mpyemo prepositions, by LOWE, Ivan; MURRELL, Paul, authors (Central African Republic).
- Trying to persuade: speech acts in the persuasive discourse of intermediate Spanish learners, by HARDIN, Karol J., author.
- Unmarked transitive verbs in Melanesian Pidgin, by LYNCH, John, author.