Piakandatu ami: Dr. Howard P. McKaughan
BILLINGS, Loren; GOUDSWAARD, Nelleke, editors. 2010. Piakandatu ami: Dr. Howard P. McKaughan. [1st edition]. Manila, Philippines: Linguistic Society of the Philippines and SIL Philippines. xvi, 317 pages + 1 cd-rom.
- Front matter: 00_FrontMatter_McKaughan2010.pdf (114 KB)
- A brief summary of Howard P. McKaughan's contributions to academia and the linguistics of minority languages, by PIKE, Evelyn G., author.
- An early impression, by HIMES, Ronald S., author.
- An elusive verbal suffix in Bantoanon, by SOMMER, Bruce A., author (Philippines).
- Call me Howard, by PALLESEN, A. Kemp, author.
- Dr. Howard P. McKaughan: Friend, mentor, and wise counselor, by ELKINS, Richard E., author.
- Dr. McKaughan and our Maranao dictionary, by AL-MACARAYA, Batua, author (Philippines).
- Dr. McKaughan and the teaching of Philippine languages, by RAMOS, Teresita V., author (Philippines).
- Establishing the Linguistics Department at the University of Hawai'i, by GRACE, George W., author.
- Exemplary analyses of the Philippine English Corpus, by BAUTISTA, Ma. Lourdes S., author (Philippines).
- From Brunei? Preliminary enquiries about Iranun gong-making and metalwork on the Tempasuk Plains of Sabah, Malaysia, by PUGH-KITINGAN, Jacqueline, author (Malaysia).
- From North Dakota to Vietnam, by THOMAS, Dorothy M., author (Viet Nam).
- Historical linguistics and Philippine hunter-gatherers, by REID, Lawrence A., author (Philippines).
- Howard McKaughan and computer-aided lexicography at the University of Hawai'i, by HSU, Robert W., author.
- Howard McKaughan as mentor, by KESS, Joseph F., author.
- Ilokano birthday song, by RUBINO, Carl R. Galvez, author (Philippines).
- Mahalo iā Howard!, by SCHÜTZ, Albert J., author.
- Malaysian Sign Language: A phonological statement, by HURLBUT, Hope M., author (Malaysia).
- Maranao, voice, and diathesis, by BILLINGS, Loren A., author (Philippines).
- McKaughan’s analysis of Philippine voice, by KROEGER, Paul, author (Philippines).
- Metathesis in Bonggi, by BOUTIN, Michael E., author (Malaysia).
- My friendship with a true linguistic scholar, by NEWELL, Leonard E., author.
- Notes on the Interior Salish inchoative, by THOMPSON, Laurence C.; THOMPSON, M. Terry, authors (Canada).
- Ol i no laik!, by LOVING, Aretta, author.
- On datus, ancient and modern, by BLUST, Robert, author (Philippines).
- One of my mentors, by BENDER, Byron W., author.
- Phonemics, functional load, and fun, by RUCH, Edward, author (Philippines).
- Preliminary observations about Iranun of Sabah, by CONKLIN, Sean D., author (Malaysia).
- Recollections of personal experiences with Dr. Howard McKaughan, by LYNIP, Stephen, author.
- Some open secrets, by LINCOLN, Peter C., author.
- Studying unruly languages: Ohia, odea? Anokea, by FORMAN, Michael L., author.
- Tales for the Darangen, by BENTON, Richard A., author.
- Teaching computer skills cross-culturally: A case study from Malaysia, by ROSE, Louis, author (Malaysia).
- The classical beauty of the Iranun bayuk, by SMITH, Karla J., author (Malaysia).
- The grammar of clitics in Maranao, by KAUFMAN, Daniel, author (Philippines).
- The Papuanness of New Guinea's Eastern Highlands, by DONOHUE, Mark, author.
- The word in Kewa, by FRANKLIN, Karl J., author.
- Traditional dos and taboos of the Iranun during pregnancy and confinement, by CONKLIN, Rebekah, author (Malaysia).
- Tribute to Dr. Howard McKaughan, by ASHLEY, Mary L.; ASHLEY, Seymour A., authors.
- Two decades of linguistic research and language development at Payap University, by HOPPLE, Paulette; PAULSEN, Debbie Lynn; TEHAN, Thomas M., authors.
- Verbal morphology, cross-referencing, and NP positioning in Tuwali Ifugao, by BURQUEST, Donald A.; HOHULIN, E. Lou, authors (Philippines).
- Visits with Howard: A word of tribute, by RENSCH, Calvin R., author.
- Vowel-height harmony in Lepu' Aga' Kenyah and its phonological implications, by BURKHARDT, Jürgen M., author (Malaysia).