- ALLEN, Jerry, author. 1972. "Buka: Reclaiming self-respect."
- BJORKMAN, Doris, author. 1968. Fear and faith of Gajili tribespeople.
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 1994. "Defending against grief on New Ireland: The place of mortuary feasting in Sursurunga society."
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 1994. "Legitimacy, coercion, and leadership among the Sursurunga of southern New Ireland."
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 1994. Matriliny and mortuary feasting among the Sursurunga of New Ireland, Papua New Guinea.
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 1995. "Matriliny and revisionist anthropology."
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 1995. Hegemony and voice in Papua New Guinea [reviews of: Voices of conflict, by Andrew Strathern and Review of: Constructing inequality: The fabrication of a hierarchy of virtue among the Etoro, by Raymond C. Kelly].
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 1996. "Musings on matriliny: Understandings and social relations among the Sursurunga of New Ireland."
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 1996. Review of: Articulating change in the ‘last unknown’, by Frederick K. Errington and Deborah B. Gewertz.
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 2000. Mortuary feasting on New Ireland: the activation of Matriliny among the Sursurunga.
- BORAM, C.; LAWRENCE, Marshall, authors. 1977. "Difficulties in communication and social perception in Oksapmin society."
- BRUCE, Kathleen, author. 1992. Values and value change in Christian conversion.
- BRUCE, Leslie P., author. 1974. "Alamblak kinsmen: To give is better than to receive (and you’ll get it back)."
- CLIFTON, John M., author. 1991. Review of: Three elema myths, by Herbert A. Brown.
- COOK, Carolyn D., author. 1996. "The divided island of New Guinea: People, development and deforestation."
- COULTER, Neil R., author. 2014. Book Review: Steep Slopes: Music and Change in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea.
- EDONI, William, author. 2001. "Change agents."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1965. "Kewa social organization."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1971. "Practical considerations of folk taxonomies."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1972. "A ritual pandanus language of New Guinea."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1972. Review of: Pigs, pearlshells, and women: marriage in the New Guinea highlands, R. M. Glasse and M. J. Meggitt, editors.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1973. "Cultural awareness: Some observations."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1976. Review of: Beyond the village, by Louise Morauto.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1976. Review of: Ritual and knowledge among the Baktaman of New Guinea, by Frederik Barth.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1976. Review of: The Iban and their religion, by Erik Jensen.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1977. Review of: Fighting with food, by Michael W. Young.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1989. "Jack Hides’ visit to the Kewa area."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1991. "Kewa."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1993. Review of: Mararoko: a study in Melanesian religion, by Mary N. MacDonald.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1995. "Advertisements and values: Observations from Wantok newspaper."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 2007. "Framework for a Melanesian world view."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J.; STEFANIW, Roman, authors. 1992. "The ‘Pandanus languages’ of the Southern Highlands Province, Papua New Guinea – a further report."
- FULLINGIM, Michael, author. 1988. "Of pigs, men and life: a glimpse at Wiru society."
- GEARY, Elaine, author. 1982. Kunimaipa Anthropology Sketch.
- GROSH, Andy; GROSH, Sylvia, authors. Available: 1993; Created: 1991-02 - 1993-01. 2nd Year Survey Report of the Kaluli Language.
- GROSH, Andy; GROSH, Sylvia, authors; GOSSNER, Jan; HARRIS, Jeanette, researchers. 1991. Socio-Linguistic Survey of the Kaluli Language.
- HARRISON, J. Daniel, author. 1974. "The Kluckhohn value-orientation research instrument used in Papua New Guinea."
- HEALEY, Alan, author. 1962. "Linguistic aspects of Telefomin kinship terminology."
- HONSBERGER, Carol; HONSBERGER, Murray; TUPPER, Ian, authors. 2008. "Introduction to the Kwomtari people and language."
- HOOLEY, Bruce A.; TERIT, Sanek, authors. 1972. "Preparation of salt among the Buang, New Guinea."
- IRWIN, Barry S., author. 1972. "The liability complex among the Chimbu peoples of New Guinea."
- IYAMA, Mara, author. 2005. "Oral literacies - choice in cultural destiny (a response to Michael A. Mel, "The need for strong and balanced communities through education …"."
- KERUWA, Rambai, author. 2001. "Learning and knowing through four generations in PNG."
- KLEEF, Jacqueline van; KLEEF, Sjaak van, authors. 2012. "The use of a conceptual metaphor in the Siroi language of Papua New Guinea: Narrative is climbing a mountain."
- KOLKKA, Riikka-Maria; KOLKKA, Tomas, authors. 2012. Social Organisation of the Tiang People.
- LARSEN, Robert E., author. 1976. Review of: Exchange in the social structure of the Orokaiva, by Erik Schwimmer.
- LISTER, Ronah; NAGAI, Yasuko, authors. 2003. "What is our culture? What is our language? Dialogue towards the maintenance of indigenous culture and language in Papua New Guinea."
- LISTER, Ronah; NAGAI, Yasuko, authors. 2004. "From vernacular to English: a model of innovation from within the hearts of the indigenous teachers in Papua New Guinea."
- LITTERAL, Shirley, author. 1972. "Orientation to space and participants in Anggor."
- LLOYD, J. A.; LLOYD, Richard G., translators. 1974. "Baruya."
- MANABE, Takashi, author. 1988. "Mami reveals dynamic Kwanga social structure."
- MARTEN, Helen, author. 1985. "Relationships within a village literacy program."
- MAYERS, Marvin K.; RATH, Daniel D., editors. 1988. Nucleation in Papua New Guinea Cultures.
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1968. Review of: Voyagers of the Vitiaz Strait: a study of the New Guinea trade system, by T. G. Harding.
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1969. "Current cargo beliefs in the Kabwum sub-district."
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1969. Review of: Namasu: New Guinea’s largest indigenous-owned company, by I. J. Fairbairn.
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1977. Selepet avifauna.
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1991. "Selepet."
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1991. "Wantoat."
- MCKAUGHAN, Howard P., editor. 1973. The languages of the Eastern family of the East New Guinea Highlands stock.
- MECKLENBURG, Charlotte; MECKLENBURG, Frank, authors. 1980. Faiwol anthropology essentials.
- MERRIFIELD, William R., author. 1969. Review of: The New Guinea villager: the impact of colonial rule on primitive society and economy, by Charles Rowley.
- MILLER, Kathryn E., author. 1990. The fit between training and use in a vernacular literacy training program: An ethnographic study of four Papua New Guineans.
- MOORE, Dean; MOORE, Dianne, authors. 1988. "Duke of York shell money: a mediator of relationships."
- RATH, Daniel D., author. 1988. "The big man in Mengen society."
- REESINK, Gerard P., author. 1975. Review of: Peace child, by Don Richardson.
- REESINK, Gerard P., author. 1992. Review of: The empty place: poetry, space, and being among the Foi of Papua New Guinea, by James F. Weiner.
- RICHERT, Ernest L., author. 1965. "How the Guhu-Samane cult of ‘Poro’ affects translation."
- SAYERS, Barbara J., author. 1977. Aboriginal world view and tense, mood and aspect in Wik-Munkan.
- SCHLIE, Perry, author. 1987. Some observations on Kara group decisions.
- SCORZA, David P., author. 1981. Review of: The ethnography of variation: selected writings on pidgins and creoles, Hugh Schuchardt and T. L. Markey, editors.
- SHAW, R. Daniel, author. 1981. "Every person a shaman: The use of supernatural power among the Samo of Papua New Guinea."
- SHAW, R. Daniel, author. 1985. Narcotics, vitality and honor: The use of narcotic drink among the Samo of Papua New Guinea.
- SHAW, R. Daniel, author. 1989. Review of: Exotic readings of cultural texts, by Roger M. Keesing.
- SHAW, R. Daniel, author. 1990. Kandila: Samo ceremonialism and interpersonal relationships.
- SHAW, R. Daniel, author. 2010. "Cannibals, kiaps, and magistrates: three eras impacting Samo spatiality, interpersonal relationships, and Bible translation.."
- STAALSEN, Philip, author. 1965. "Brugnowi origins: The founding of a village."
- STEWART, Pamela J.; STRATHERN, Andrew J., authors. 2010. "The appearing and disappearing world of the Bogaiya: a corner of Papua New Guinea cultural history."
- STRINGER, Mary D., author. 1984. "Traditional learning styles in Papua New Guinea."
- THROOP, Craig, author. 1988. "‘Pigs are our hearts’: a functional study of the pig in Melanesia."
- TOWNSEND, Patricia K., author. 1969. Subsistence and social organization in a New Guinea Society.
- TOWNSEND, William H., author. 1969. "Stone and steel tool use in a New Guinea society."
- TROOLIN, Dave, author. 2006. Conceptual blending in millenial movements: an application of conceptual blending theory to case studies in Papua New Guinea and Israel.
- WAKEFIELD, David C., author. 1988. The social organization of the Miniafia.
- WAKEFIELD, David C., author. 1989. "Dog-pigs and other people."
- YOUNG, Rosemary, author. 1968. "Words under a bushel."