Comparative and historical studies
- Anonymous. 1967. Review of: Comparative and historical problems in East New Guinea highland languages, by Darlene Bee.
- Anonymous. 1974. Review of: a comparative study of Kuman and Pawaian: Non-Austronesian languages of New Guinea, by David Trefry.
- BEE, Darlene, author. 1965. "Comparative and historical problems in East New Guinea highland languages."
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 1998. "Where is Claes Pietersz Bay? An episode in the history of the Sursurunga of New Ireland."
- BRUCE, Leslie P., author. 1977. "On the origin of language."
- BUGENHAGEN, Robert D., author. 1993. "The semantics of irrealis in Austronesian languages of Papua New Guinea. A cross-linguistic study."
- CLARK, Stephen A., author. 2012. Participant Reference in Narrative Discourse: A Comparison of Three Methodologies.
- COCHRAN, Anne M., author. 1978. "A comparative study of Milne Bay phonology."
- DUTTON, Tom, author. 2010. "The dialects of Koiari revisited."
- DUTTON, Tom; ROSS, Malcolm, authors. 1992. "A note on Hees’ ‘Tolai-Nakanai’ trade language."
- EZARD, Bryan, author. Available: 2009; Created: 1980. Towards Tawala reflexes of Proto Oceanic.
- FARR, James B.; LARSEN, Robert E., authors. 2009. A selective word list in ten different Binandere languages.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1975. "Comments on Proto-Engan."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1990. Review of: a world of language: Papers presented to Professor S.A. Wurm on his 65th birthday, Donald C. Laycock and Werner Winter, editors.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1993. Review of: Language, education and development: urban and rural Tok Pisin in Papua New Guinea, by Suzanne Romaine.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 2001. "Kutubuan (Foe and Fasu) and proto Engan."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 2012. "Counting systems in Engan and Proto-Engan."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J.; Z’GRAGGEN, J. A., compilers. 1975. Comparative wordlists of the Gulf District and adjacent areas.
- FRANKLIN, Karl, author. 2013. "A first look at Proto-Engan kinship."
- GROSH, Andy; GROSH, Sylvia, authors; GOSSNER, Jan; HARRIS, Jeanette, researchers. 1991. Socio-Linguistic Survey of the Kaluli Language.
- HEALEY, Alan, author. 1970. "Proto-Awyu-Dumut phonology."
- HOOLEY, Bruce A., author. 1972. "The languages of the Morobe district."
- JOHNSTON, Raymond L., author. 1978. Steps towards the grammar and phonology of proto-Kimbe.
- JOHNSTON, Raymond L., author. 1982. "Proto-Kimbe and the New Guinea hypothesis."
- KERR, Harland B., author. 2012. The pronominal systems of Wik-Munkan, Burera, Lenakol and Kunimaipa: specific and generic function.
- KERR, Harland B., author. n.d.. Kunimaipa and Four Northern Australian Aboriginal Languages: A brief Comparative Study.
- LITHGOW, David, author. 1973. "Language change on Woodlark Island."
- LITHGOW, David, author. 1992. "Using grammatical data to determine language relationships in Fergusson and Normanby Island languages of the Papuan Tip Cluster."
- LITTERAL, Robert L., author. 1978. Changes in the Bibriari communicative system.
- LONGACRE, Robert E., author. 1970. "Paragraph and sentence structure in New Guinea Highlands languages."
- LONGACRE, Robert E., author. 1972. Hierarchy and universality of discourse constituents in New Guinea languages: Discussion.
- LOPEZ, Cecilio, translator. n.d.. Studies on Dempwolff's Vergleichende Lautlehre des Austronesischen Wortschatzes.
- LOVING, Richard, editor. 1975. Comparative wordlists 1.
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1978. Review of: Lexical reconstruction: The case of the Proto-Athapaskan kinship system, by Isidore Dyen and David F. Aberle.
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A.; VOORHOEVE, C. L.; WURM, Stephen A., authors. 1975. "The Trans-New Guinea phylum in general."
- MCKAUGHAN, Howard P., editor. 1973. The languages of the Eastern family of the East New Guinea Highlands stock.
- PALMER, Bill, author. 2008. "Passive possession in Oceanic."
- PATTON, Jack T., author. 1994. "Vernacular languages in primary education in Papua New Guinea: a brief historical overview."
- REESINK, Gerard P., author. 1992. "The Melanesian content in Tok Pisin, by Rick J. Goulden. Pacific Linguistics B-104 [review]."
- ROBERTS, John R., author. 1992. A Comparison of Possible Lexical Borrowings between Amele and Gedaged.
- ROOSMAN, Raden S., author. 1975. "The Malay element in Melanesian Pidgin."
- ROSS, Malcolm, author. 1992. "The position of Gumawana among the languages of the Papuan Tip Cluster."
- ROSS, Malcolm, author. 1993. "Tonogenesis in the North Huon Gulf Chain."
- RULE, Joan, author. 1965. "A comparison of certain phonemes of the languages of the Mendi and Nembi Valleys, Southern Highlands, Papua."
- SCOTT, Graham K., author. 1979. "Lexical expansion in a non-Austronesian language of Papua New Guinea."
- SIMONS, Gary F.; SIMONS, Linda, authors. 1977. A vocabulary of Biliau, an Austronesian language of New Guinea, with notes on its development from Proto Oceanic.
- SIMONS, Linda, author. 1983. "A comparison of the pidgins of Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea."
- SMYTHE, W. E., author; HEALEY, Alan, editor. 1970. "Melanesian, Micronesian and Indonesian features in languages of the Admiralty Islands."
- SNYDER, David M., author. 1992. "Lexicography in Papuan Tip Cluster languages: Where will it lead?."
- STEFANIW, Roman, author. 1987. A comparison of Imbongu grammar with the Kaugel grammar essentials.
- TREFRY, David, author. 1965. A comparative study of Kuman and Pawaian: Non-Austronesian languages of New Guinea.
- TREFRY, David, author. 1969. A comparative study of Kuman and Pawaian: Non-Austronesian languages of New Guinea.
- WEIMER, Harry; WEIMER, Natalia, authors. Available: 2006; Created: 1977-02. Phoneme comparisons of the Yareban languages.
- Z’GRAGGEN, J. A., author. 1975. Comparative wordlists of the Admiralty Island languages, collected by W. E. Smythe.