SIL has produced more than 2,500 publications since it began work in Papua New Guinea in 1956. In addition there is a large body of unpublished works about the languages of Papua New Guinea. Many works are available for download here and on other websites. Also available is a bibliography of published and unpublished works about the languages of Papua New Guinea.
Notes on Translation
This is the indexed title for:
- Notes on Translation
- Notes on Translation special issue
- Notes on Translation: North America Branch consultant seminar, part
- HUGHES, Jock, author. 2000. Thoughts on front translations.
- VOLLRATH, Paul W., author. 2000. Questions for testing translations with the MTT in mind: the QTT materials.
- ROBERTS, John R., author. 1997. The syntax of discourse structure.
- PHINNEMORE, Thomas R., author. 1989. Questions: You might get a lot less than you asked for.
- SPEECE, Richard F., author. 1989. Redundant clauses in Angave narratives.
- DEIBLER, Ellis W., author. 1988. Adding contextual information.
- SPEECE, Richard F., author. 1988. Rhetorical questions in Angave.
- CHENOWETH, Vida, author. 1986. The demands upon and expectations of a field ethnomusicologist.
- DEIBLER, Ellis W., author. 1985. Checking the work of a mother-tongue translator.
- LITHGOW, David, author. 1985. Thoughts on quality control.
- CONRAD, Robert J., author. 1984. Kinds of information and participant identification in discourse.
- DEIBLER, Ellis W., author. 1984. Supplying the missing parts of extended metaphors and parables.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J.; WATTERS, John R., authors. 1983. The changing language roles and programs in SIL.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1978. Lexical range, idiom transfer, and related problems in Pidgin English to Kewa translation.
- DAVIS, Donald R., author. 1974. Shall we translate word for word?.
- DEIBLER, Ellis W., author. 1966. Comparative constructions in translation.
- RICHERT, Ernest L., author. 1963. Native reaction as a guide to meaningful translation.