SIL has produced more than 2,500 publications since it began work in Papua New Guinea in 1956. In addition there is a large body of unpublished works about the languages of Papua New Guinea. Many works are available for download here and on other websites. Also available is a bibliography of published and unpublished works about the languages of Papua New Guinea.
Notes on Linguistics
This is the indexed title for:
- Notes on Linguistics
- Notes on Linguistics Special Publication
- ÅRSJÖ, Britten, author. 1998. Review of: The role of inflection in Scandinavian syntax, by Anders Holmberg and Christer Platzack.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1998. Review of: Towards a reference grammar of Tok Pisin: An experiment in corpus linguistics, by John W. M. Verhaar.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1997. Review of: Koiari, by Tom E. Dutton.
- ÅRSJÖ, Britten, author. 1996. Review of: Reports from Uppsala University linguistics (RUUL), no 26, 1994, Ingrid Björk and others, editors.
- BRUCE, Leslie P., author. 1996. Report of the International Conference on New Guinea Languages and Linguistics.
- ROBERTS, John R., author. 1994. The category ‘irrealis’ in Papuan medial verbs.
- ROBERTS, John R., author. 1993. "Mirror-Image Reduplication In Amele." Available Online
- BRUCE, Leslie P., author. 1991. Second International Cognitive Linguistics Association (ICLA) Conference, July 29-August 2, 1991, U. C. Santa Cruz.
- WILSON, Darryl, author. 1990. Idiom discovery procedure.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1987. Review of: Lexicography and conceptual analysis, by Anna Wierzbicka.
- MARTENS, Michael P., author. 1985. Review of: a grammar of Manam, by Frantisek Lichtenberk.
- EZARD, Bryan, author. 1984. The functional domains of passives.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1984. Review of: On the origin and formation of creoles: a miscellany of articles, by Dirk C. Hesseling, T. L. Markey and Paul T. Roberge.
- LITTERAL, Robert L., author. 1984. Typological parameters of vernacular language planning.
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1983. Review of: The semantics of metaphor, by Samuel R. Levin.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J.; LITTERAL, Robert L., authors. 1982. Comparing expatriate and mother tongue translation programs.
- JERNUDD, Björn H., author. 1982. Subjective varieties of Pidgin in Papua New Guinea.
- LITTERAL, Robert L., author. 1982. Review of "Dimir: a sociolinguistic survey" by Robert D. Bugenhagen [unpublished].
- LITTERAL, Robert L., author. 1982. Review of "Where are all the vernaculars going? Sociolinguistic surveys in PNG" by Robert D. Bugenhagen [unpublished].
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1982. Supplementing the procedures.
- COLBURN, Michael A., author. 1981. To ask or not to ask--that is the question.
- HENDERSON, James E., author. 1981. Instrumental help in phonology.
- SCORZA, David P., author. 1981. Review of: The ethnography of variation: selected writings on pidgins and creoles, Hugh Schuchardt and T. L. Markey, editors.
- JOHNSTON, Raymond L., author. 1979. What can we do with our data?.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1978. On the management of SIL language programs.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1977. Notes on linguistics: Scope and purpose.
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1977. What do we have to do now to obtain our objectives tomorrow?.
- HEALEY, Alan, author. 1977. Teaching introductory linguistic analysis.