SIL has produced more than 2,500 publications since it began work in Papua New Guinea in 1956. In addition there is a large body of unpublished works about the languages of Papua New Guinea. Many works are available for download here and on other websites. Also available is a bibliography of published and unpublished works about the languages of Papua New Guinea.
Journal of the Polynesian Society
- SIMONS, Gary F., author. 1980. Review of: New Guinea area languages and language study, vol. 2: Austronesian languages, Stephen A. Wurm, editor.
- LOVING, Richard, author. 1976. "Use of bamboo by the Awa."
- HOOLEY, Bruce A., author. 1972. "The Buang naming system."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1967. "Names and aliases in Kewa."
- FRANKLIN, Joice A.; FRANKLIN, Karl J., authors. 1962. "The Kewa counting systems."
- DEAN, James C., author. 1960. "The work of the Summer Institute of Linguistics in New Guinea."