SIL has produced more than 2,500 publications since it began work in Papua New Guinea in 1956. In addition there is a large body of unpublished works about the languages of Papua New Guinea. Many works are available for download here and on other websites. Also available is a bibliography of published and unpublished works about the languages of Papua New Guinea.
- BOLYANATZ, Alexander H., author. 1994. "Legitimacy, coercion, and leadership among the Sursurunga of southern New Ireland."
- LOVING, Richard, author. 1973. "Awa kinship terminology and its use."
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1969. "Komba kinship terminology."
- TOWNSEND, William H., author. 1969. "Stone and steel tool use in a New Guinea society."
- MCELHANON, Kenneth A., author. 1968. "Selepet social organization and kinship."
- FRANKLIN, Karl J., author. 1965. "Kewa social organization."