SIL International, as an agency working in literacy initiatives worldwide, is a member organization in the International Literacy Network (ILN). A diverse group of organizations are participants in ILN.
Additional information useful to the literacy practitioner can be found in a number of non-SIL websites. Their listing here does not imply any formal relationship with SIL International. They are simply included for academic informational networking.
- Feed the Minds
- Literacy Online Collection of literacy resources cosponsored by the International Literacy Institute and the National Center on Adult Literacy
- U.S. Department of Education
- UNESCO - Literacy and Education Resources
- UNESCO - Manual for Literacy and Adult Education Programmes in Minority Languages
- World trilingual bibliography on literacy Contains 22,200 titles, more than 72,000 entries. Authors index, 237 countries and territories, 163 themes, and a trilingual glossary of literacy terms (English, French and Portuguese).
The following chronological list will be useful to both SIL and non-SIL literacy practitioners to alert them to events in their areas of interest. These listings do not imply any particular endorsement or participation on the part of SIL Literacy International. Rather, they are given for informational purposes and to promote professional involvement.
Events that become past events are archived to serve as reference for information about contact persons and availability of presentations.
- 1–3 July 2008, Bangkok, Thailand. The 2nd International Conference on Language Development, Language Revitalization, and Multilingual Education in Ethnolinguistic Communities.