Promoting Literacy in Multilingual Settings
Promoting Literacy in Multilingual Settings.
Hard copies may be requested from UNESCO APPEAL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free PDF downloads (2.6 MB) are available at: http://www2.unescobkk.org/elib/publications/100/
This publication gives an overview of literacy issues in the multilingual contexts of Asia, presents case studies from a number of Asian countries, and provides some guidelines for practitioners in conducting literacy and MLE programmes that accommodate minority languages.
- Chapter 1: Linguistic Diversity, Literacy and Education
- Chapter 2: Education in Ethnic Minority Communities: Question to Consider and Problem to Solve
- Chapter 3: Multilingual Education Practice in Eight Asian Countries
- Chapter 4: Developing Low Cost and Effective Materials for Multilingual Education Programmes
- Chapter 5: Training Effective Community Teachers for Multilingual Education Programmes
- Chapter 6: Teaching Methods for Effective Multilingual Education Programmes