Literacy and Educational Materials
Additional resources for illustrating literacy and educational materials
- Articles in Lingualinks Library with additional information on this topic include:
- Discussion on new literates in the role of illustrator: A response to Machin by Isabel I. Murphy and E. Margaret Sheffler. 1983. Notes on Literacy 40:8–15.
- The use of pictures in literacy materials: An investigation into the processing of visual information in preliterate societies by Dan David. 1991. Notes on Literacy 17(4):39–54.
- A survey of the aesthetics of three cultural groups by Douglas Dawson. 1991. Notes on Literacy 17 (3):25–39.
- A manual of literacy for preliterate peoples (Part III, Primer Construction: Illustrations) by Sara Gudschinsky. 1973. Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea: Summer Institute of Linguistics. Pg 102–108, also pg. 61.