Literacy in the 90's
The Role of SIL
This informative booklet, now published here on the Web, was originally printed in the 1990s. As a historical document, it reflects SIL's work in literacy during that decade.
Table of Contents
- Foreword: Two Worlds or One?
- Illiteracy: The Enduring Problem
- A Helping Hand: SIL
- Mother Tongues: Breaking the Language Barrier
- Bilingual Education: Building New Bridges
- Models: Mixing the New with the Old
- Technology Transfer: Teaching my Neighbor to Fish
- Adult Literacy: Where the Future is Now
- Literacy and Development: Opening New Doors, Creating New Horizons
- Cost and Cost Effectiveness: Can we Afford Universal Literacy