French word list
Tip: use * as a wildcard.
- Akmajian etal. 1984: 254 (logical word, logical truth)
- AKMAJIAN, Adrian, DEMERS, Richard A., & HARNISH, Robert M. (1984) Linguistics: An Introduction to Language and Communication, 2nd Ed. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
- Colapietro 1993: 137-138 (logical positivism)
- COLAPIETRO, Vincent M. (1993) Glossary of Semiotics. New York: Paragon House. (SN)
- Crystal 2003: 277 (logical consequence, logical constant, logical truth)
- CRYSTAL, David. (2003) A Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics, 5th Ed Oxford: Blackwell.
- Ducrot & Todorov 1979[trans.]: 286 (logical inference), 296 (logical order)
- DUCROT, Oswald and TODOROV, Tzvetan. (1979 [trans.]) Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Sciences of Language. Trans. by Catherine Porter. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- ERC: 406-407 (logical positivism)
- Encyclopedia of Rhetoric and Composition. (1996) New York: Garland Publishing, Inc. (RH)
- Fasold 1990: 125 (logical operator)
- FASOLD, Ralph. (1990) The Sociolinguistics of Language. Cambridge, MA: Basil Blackwell. (SL)
- Finch 2000: 148, 186 (logical connective)
- FINCH, Geoffrey. (2000) Linguistic Terms and Concepts. New York: St. Martin's Press.
- Givon 1984: 5 (logical positivism), 328 (logical presupposition)
- GIVON, Talmy. (1984) Syntax: A Functional-Typological Introduction, Vols. I & II. Amsterdam: John Benjamins. (SY)
- Leech 1983: 85 (logical operator, logical inference)
- LEECH, Geoffrey N. (1983) Principles of Pragmatics. Longman: London. (PR)
- Levinson 1983: 114 (logical inference = deductive inference), 174 (logical consequence = entailment), 227 (logical positivism)
- LEVINSON, Stephen C. (1983) Pragmatics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (PR)
- Lyons 1977: 140 (logical atomism, logical positivism), 164 (logical possibility, logical necessity)
- LYONS, John. (1977) Semantics. Vols. 1 & 2. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press. (SM)
- Matthews 1997: 212 (also "logical connective")
- MATTHEWS, P.H. (1997) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Nash 1968: 42 (consistent), 132 (logical intonation, logical operation, logical syntax, logical system)
- NASH, Rose. (1968) Multilingual Lexicon of Linguistics and Philology: English, Russian, German, French. Coral Gables, FL: University of Miami Press.
- Pei & Gaynor 1954: 125 (logical grammar)
- PEI, Mario A. & GAYNOR, Frank. (1954) A Dictionary of Linguistics. New York : Philosophical Library.
- Weinreich 1980: 271 (logical empiricism, logical positivism)
- WEINREICH, Uriel. (1980) On Semantics. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press. (SM)
English word list
Tip: use * as a wildcard.