Guidelines for Stage 3 of the Analytical approach
| ||Here are some guidelines to follow in Stage 3 of the Analytical approach to language learning:|
Explore cultural themes using the following techniques:
- Analyze the values and assumptions underlying the way people act.
- Participate in a wide range of communicative situations.
- Systematically expand the areas of vocabulary you control.
- Use The Conversational Analysis technique (NO MODULE EXISTS FOR THIS TECHNIQUE)
- Use a checklist of Language Functions and Situations to expand the number of situations in which you can function effectively in the language
Work on accuracy by using The Record for Correction technique.
Use analytical techniques to help you discover rules and system in the language so that you develop a "system view."
- Pay attention to the way people say things, as well as what they say.
- Keep a language learning journal.