Other Language Learning Resources on the Internet
- Language Impact. Aimed at independent language learners. Electronic language learning newsletter, email discussion, a few equipment and software recommendations, a short links list. Last newsletter copyright 2000.
- LTSN Subject Centre for Languages, Linguisitics, and Area Studies. Includes a downloadable materials bank and a good practice guide.
- The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. Resource includes download library of ACTFL documents and links list. Contains directions to join an email SIG (Special Interest Group) or discussion, for distance teaching of foreign languages.
- Calico Review. Recent reviews of language learning software produced by the Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium.
- CALL software database. Smart searches including by language, level, category, operating system.
- Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition (CARLA). Includes documents useful to teachers and coaches, including a virtual picture album. It contains culturally appropriate pictures, complete with suggested vocabulary items, topics, and grammar points for each image.
- Foreign Language and Culture. A link list grouped into general language learning, and by 53 languages or nationalities.
- International Collection of Tongue Twisters. 2634 tongue twisters in 103 languages.
- Language and culture pages, from TransparentLanguage.com. Extensively annotated link lists to 30 languages.
- LanguageGuide Sound integrated resources for vocabulary, grammar and reading in 11 major languages. Searchable in 21 languages.
- Language Resource Centers Links to programs, materials and projects of the 15 U.S. Department of Education sponsored centers.
- Language Software Reviews Language learning resources portal.
- Learner.org Links to resources and workshops for teachers of English, Spanish, French and German.
- MediaGlyphs Over 800 icons, images and ideograms that are categorized in an English dictionary format, by subject area and by grammatical function. Site and instructions for use and interpretation of glyphs may be navigated in 12 languages.
- SEAsite Links page for Northern Illinois University’s Center for Southeast Asian Studies. Language and culture links for 8 countries in the region.
- Today’s Front Pages Links to more than 520 current newspaper front pages from over 50 countries.
- UCLA Language Materials Project. Database of print and multimedia resources available for over 160 languages.
- Wikipedia Online encyclopedia may be searched in 10 languages.
- Word2Word. Links to web language courses for 95 languages. Also links to over 40 other language-related link lists, such as dictionaries, slang and colloquialisms, word games, language software.
- Yamada Language Center. Language guides contain links to information about 140 languages. Font archive, news groups, mailing lists.
While we do not make recommendations for language schools, here are useful links to help you find courses.
- Language Schools. Search through the language schools guide for study programs abroad. Also contains travel-related information.
- Language Travel Magazine. Information about language schools, high schools, and universities for students who want to travel and study a language in the country where it is spoken. Links to small language schools may not work.
While we do not make recommendations for book and media companies, here are useful links to help you find foreign language resources.