Pictures for Language Learning
A useful resource in acquiring a new language.
- Audio and Video Files
- Royalty-Free Clip Art Collection for Foreign/Second Language Instruction
- Southeast Asia picture set
- The Virtual picture album for less commonly taught languages
Please for other sources of pictures to use in language learning.
- Print out and make into flash cards, where you are describing an image in the language you are learning instead of translating a word.
- If you are working with a language resource person in an informal setting, use these images to obtain words describing the images instead of asking to translate from an English word. See: The Use of a Book of Photos in Initial Comprehension Learning.
- Incorporate into vocabulary acquisition programs, such as Vocabulary Manager.