This is a component of Speech Tools.
Use this software for managing transcribed Speech Analyzer files or keyboarded phonetic data corpi. You can easily produce phone and distribution charts as well as query the corpus to test phonological hypotheses.
- View a chart of all consonant or vowel phones found in a given phonetic data corpus.
- Add, delete or modify columns and rows of phonetic charts.
- See all phonetic data items containing a particular phonetic segment and sort preceding and following contexts from left to right or right to left.
- Easily create distribution charts.
- Create complex phonological queries.
- Use predefined natural classes for queries.
- Add, delete or modify classes to which phonetic segments belong.
- Easily export charts and query results as Rich Text Format for easy pasting into Microsoft Word.
- Easily hear original utterance of transcription if Speech Analyzer was used.
- Make use of many Speech Analyzer features from within Phonology Assistant.