Speech Tools Downloads
The applications that comprised Speech Tools are now available as stand-alone applications.This change was made to facilitate delivery of software upgrades for individual applications. It also allows users to download only the applications they need.
- Speech Analyzer: for acoustic analysis of speech sounds.
- Phonology Assistant: for managing transcribed Speech Analyzer sound files and/or transcribed data without sound files. Provides extensive phonetic charting and phonological querying capability.
- IPA Help: to learn to hear, transcribe and produce the sounds of the International Phonetic Alphabet.
Note: If you have transcribed data that cannot be converted to Unicode, Speech Tools 2.2 contains non-Unicode versions of Phonology Assistant and Speech Analyzer. Speech Tools 2.2 is available on SIL Language Freeware, Disc 2 or can be downloaded using the method below.
Speech Tools 2.2
Choose one of the following files depending on whether you want to burn a CD-ROM or if you only want to install it on your computer.
- This ISO file, when unzipped, can be dropped into most CD-ROM burning software and is then immediately ready to burn. This file is of little use without CD-ROM burning software.
- Click on Speech Tools 2.2 CD Image (131 MB, MD5 hash: ae4b4a41c263179f44d8cefff62bddfa) and save to your hard drive.
- Run the self extracting zip to create the iso file
- Use the iso file to burn a CD-ROM
- Intended for installing only, don't use this one to make a distributable CD-ROM. Create a folder on your hard drive, extract, and install.
- Click on Speech Tools 2.2 Files (131 MB, MD5 hash: 73d8e611b60a99c69cb394ac54e116e3) and save to your hard drive.
- Run the self extracting zip