The Linguist's Shoebox
Integrated data management and analysis for the field linguist
Although Shoebox uses the right mouse button sparingly, it is a valuable shortcut.
- Right-click a marker in the marker pane to display the Marker Properties dialog box.
- Right-click text in the data pane to carry out the Jump To command. If text has already been selected, Shoebox jumps according to it. Otherwise, it jumps according to the data item that you are pointing to (the extent of the item depends on the data properties for that field).
- Hold down Ctrl when you right-click in the data pane to carry out the Jump Insert command
- Right-click a data field in a browse window to carry out the Jump To command. Shoebox jumps according to the entire contents of the data field (regardless of the part you are pointing to and the data properties).
- Hold down Ctrl when you right-click a data field in a browse window to carry out the Jump Insert command
- Right-click in the Active Filter box on the toolbar to display the Filter Properties dialog box (for that particular filter).
Macintosh users: Instead of right-clicking, hold down the option key when you click. Instead of the Ctrl key, hold down the control key to carry out the Jump Insert command.