The Linguist's Shoebox
Integrated data management and analysis for the field linguist
You can define a marker for following field.
This is analogous to the style for following paragraphin Microsoft Word. For example, if you enter additional example sentences and their translations to some entries in a lexical database, you can ease data entry and improve consistency.
- Insert an additional \xv field.
- Right-click \xv in the marker pane.
- In the Marker Properties dialog box, select \xe in the Marker for following field list.
- Click OK.
- Type an example sentence in the \xv field.
- Press Enter (Macintosh: return). Shoebox automatically inserts an \xe field so that you can type the translation.
Note: Data fields that are used in most records should be included in the Database Template.