Current version: 3.1, released June 2012
Speech Analyzer is a computer program for acoustic analysis of speech sounds.
You can use Speech Analyzer to do the following tasks:
- Perform fundamental frequency, spectrographic and spectral analysis, and duration measurements.
- Add phonemic, orthographic, tone, and gloss transcriptions to phonetic transcriptions in an interlinear format.
- Perform ethnomusicological analysis of music recordings.
- Use slowed playback, repeat loops and overlays to assist with perception and mimicry of sounds for language learning.
Significant changes since version 3.0.1 (November 2007)
- Fixed in Speech Analyzer
- Display problems on some graphs that would cause extra lines to be left on graph.
- Program stopped responding when graph parameters were changed when graph was maximized.
- Program stopped responding sometimes when Duration graph was being redisplayed
- Speech Analyzer not able to read 24-bit WAV files.
- Updated to a more recent version of the development tools used to create it.
Speech Analyzer is distributed as freeware. As such, no warranty or support is provided and you use it at your own risk. We welcome bug reports, which you can send to . However, when you submit a bug report, we cannot guarantee that you will receive a reply or that the bug will be fixed.