IPA Help Downloads
IPA Help 2.1
- System requirements
- Computer and processor: Computer with Pentium (or equivalent) at 333 megahertz (MHz) or higher
- Memory: 128 MB of RAM
- Hard disk: Hard disk space requirements will vary depending on existing machine configuration and custom installation choices. In the worst case scenario, 60 megabytes is required for installation.
- Operating system: Windows 2000 with at least Service Pack 4 (SP4); or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition, or Windows Vista
- Display: 640 by 480 pixels screen resolution (for laptops, use native display resolution)
- Peripherals: Mouse or compatible pointing device
Note: The more RAM and the faster the CPU, the better the software will perform.
Review the latest ReadMe information for more details on this release.
Review the latest Setup information for more detailed setup and removal instructions.
These online ReadMe and Setup files may be newer than the files included in the software download.
To download and install IPA Help 2.1, do the following:
- Download the IPA Help install (29.4 MB; MD5 hash d82bcb01f29aff9972a6504554fc3c20).
- Double-click SIL_IPA_2_1.exe.
- Choose a folder on your computer to unzip the setup files to.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
Tavultesoft Keyman is not required. However, if you want to create Word Lists, Keyman version 6 (or newer) is recommended to type transcriptions in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). For more information on the Web, go to http://www.tavultesoft.com/keyman/editions.php.
IPA Help provides a Keyman keyboard and keying chart for typing IPA characters in the ASAP IPA fonts. The file to install is C:\Program Files\SIL\IPA Help\IPA-ASAP.kmx. The keying chart can be found at C:\Program Files\SIL\IPA Help\ IPA-ASAP Keying Chart.rtf.