SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Current version: 5.8.2, released December, 2008
- Alt. Font Select button not working
- Install set creation fails due to insufficient privileges
- Keyman 6.0 not recognized or installed
- Unicode fonts incorrectly displayed in the Testing Dialog
- Vocabulary Manager 5.52 update patch
- Vocabulary Manager 5.52 update patch for Unicode version
Service Bulletin VM54-20031028-2
Unicode version only
Vocabulary Manager 5.52 update patch for Unicode version
This patch updates the Unicode of Vocabulary Manager 5.4 to solve these problems:
- The Alt. Font Select button in the Notes dialog of the Add/Edit Utterance Dialog does not work.
- Keyman 6.0 is not recognized or installed during Vocabulary Manger 5.4 installation.
- Install set creation fails if the current user does not have sufficient privileges to get a copy of the font file from the Windows Font folder (this may happen on a network installation).
- Non-Roman Unicode fonts do not display correctly in the "image" window of the Testing dialog.
- Vocabulary Manager unable to determine if two Ethiopic Unicode strings are the same or not and gives "An utterance with the same Orthographic form already exists in the database" message.
- You need to have the Unicode version of Vocabulary Manager 5.4 installed on your computer (VocabMgrU.exe is in your \Program Files\Vocabulary Manager folder).
- Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, and 2000 users might need to install the current version of Windows Installer. Depending on your operating system, click the link to install the appropriate version of Windows Installer 2.0.
- Open Control Panel…Add or Remove Programs
- If VocabMgr Patch is listed as a currently installed program, click Remove.
Warning: Do not remove the Vocabulary Manager program.
Result: VocabMgrU.exe is deleted from your Vocabulary Manager folder and the registry is updated.
- Click this link VocabMgrUPatch552.zip and save it to your Vocabulary Manager 5.4 program folder (usually C:\Program Files\Vocabulary Manager).
- Open the file and follow the instructions.
Result: an updated version of VocabMgrU.exe is installed in your Vocabulary Manager folder and the registry is updated.
If the file does not launch, try installing or reinstalling the current version of Windows Installer.
Note: To install the Unicode version, you need to choose Custom Install and select the Program (Unicode) Files component. This patch will not install on the Standard version. To install the Standard version patch, see Service Bulletin VM54-20031028-1.
Feedback on Vocabulary Manager is always welcomed (via the ), but support is limited and will be provided only as time permits.