SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Current version: 5.0, released November 2002
- Acrobat Reader error when opening Where there is no doctor
- Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer unable to open password protected PDF documents
- Acrobat Reader 4.0 'having a problem opening external documents' error message
- Broken PDF links
- Cannot find required files
- Keyman 3.2 does not work
- Missing bibliographic annotations
- NetMeeting and SIL Ulysses fonts on LinguaLinks
- New Acrobat Reader versions available
Service Bulletin MLL40-BL-092203
Broken PDF links
LinguaLinks 4.0 Library
Problem: Several Language Survey articles have broken links.
In the Sociolinguistics bookshelf section “Doing language survey and assessment,” you are “unable to open” these external documents from within LinguaLinks Library:
Language variation and survey techniques by Loving and Simons (unable to open documents after the preface)
Survey reference manual by Bergman (unable to open anything after the contents)
Explanation: The Acrobat Reader for Mac problem exists in the 00content for Mac file. All the PDF file names on the Mac CD-ROM end with "for Mac" instead of ".pdf" so the links do not match (for example, one link looks for 50stage4.pdf but the actual file name is 50stage4 for Mac ).
Solution: Manually open each file. Launch directly from the .pdf file instead of linking through LinguaLinks Library.
Language variation and survey techniques is in the \W_LNGLNK\W_SOCIOL\W_ASSESS\pdf\WPNGL subfolder.
Survey reference manual is in the \W_LNGLNK\W_SOCIOL\W_ASSESS\pdf\Bergman subfolder.
Technical support is available for licensed users. Please include your Registration Number or License Number with any requests. These may be found on
- a label affixed to your SIL Software booklet
- your hard drive in the SILProductKey.txt file, and
- your hard drive at the end of one or more TechSupport.txt files.
International Academic Bookstore
+ 1 972 708 7468
+ 1 972 708 7363