SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Current version: 5.0, released November 2002
- Acrobat Reader error when opening Where there is no doctor
- Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer unable to open password protected PDF documents
- Acrobat Reader 4.0 'having a problem opening external documents' error message
- Broken PDF links
- Cannot find required files
- Keyman 3.2 does not work
- Missing bibliographic annotations
- NetMeeting and SIL Ulysses fonts on LinguaLinks
- New Acrobat Reader versions available
Service Bulletin LLL50-092203
Applies only if Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer installed
Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer unable to open password protected PDF documents
Problem: You are unable to read .pdf files when selecting the link from within the LinguaLinks Library because Adobe Reader asks for a password. The most likely reason is that Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer is installed and the Library was designed to function with Acrobat Reader 5.0.
Solution: Copy a new version of PDFPas.exe to the C:\LingLink folder on your hard drive.
- Click the link to copy PDFPas60.exe to your hard drive.
- When the File Download dialog opens, click Save.
- When the Save as dialog opens, navigate to your C:\LingLink folder.
- In the File Name box, rename PDFPas60.exe to PDFPas.exe.
- Click Yes to replace the existing PDFPas file.
Technical support is available for licensed users. Please include your Registration Number or License Number with any requests. These may be found on
- a label affixed to your SIL Software booklet
- your hard drive in the SILProductKey.txt file, and
- your hard drive at the end of one or more TechSupport.txt files.
International Academic Bookstore
+ 1 972 708 7468
+ 1 972 708 7363