SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Current version: 5.0, released November 2002
- Acrobat Reader error when opening Where there is no doctor
- Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer unable to open password protected PDF documents
- Acrobat Reader 4.0 'having a problem opening external documents' error message
- Broken PDF links
- Cannot find required files
- Keyman 3.2 does not work
- Missing bibliographic annotations
- NetMeeting and SIL Ulysses fonts on LinguaLinks
- New Acrobat Reader versions available
Service Bulletin LLL50-091903
Acrobat Reader error when opening Where there is no doctor
Problem: In General reference works, when opening the .pdf file Where there is no doctor, this message appears: “There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (107).”
Solution: Copy a replacement file to your hard drive.
- Click the self-extracting zip file link Doctor.exe.
- In the File Download dialog, click Open and OK.
- In the Self-extracting Archive dialog, make sure your main LinguaLinks directory is specified as the Unzip To Folder and click Start.
- If the Self-extractor dialog asks you, click Yes to replace the existing file.
Result: Doctor.pdf is copied to your \LingLink\W_lnglnk\Pdf folder. LinguaLinks will now use the new file.
Technical support is available for licensed users. Please include your Registration Number or License Number with any requests. These may be found on
- a label affixed to your SIL Software booklet
- your hard drive in the SILProductKey.txt file, and
- your hard drive at the end of one or more TechSupport.txt files.
International Academic Bookstore
+ 1 972 708 7468
+ 1 972 708 7363