SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Current version: 5.0, released November 2002
- Acrobat Reader error when opening Where there is no doctor
- Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer unable to open password protected PDF documents
- Acrobat Reader 4.0 'having a problem opening external documents' error message
- Broken PDF links
- Cannot find required files
- Keyman 3.2 does not work
- Missing bibliographic annotations
- NetMeeting and SIL Ulysses fonts on LinguaLinks
- New Acrobat Reader versions available
Service Bulletin LL40-20030714-7
NetMeeting and SIL Ulysses fonts on LinguaLinks
LinguaLinks 4.0 Workshops
Problem: This error message occurs when trying to start Netmeeting: "conf has caused an error in GDI.exe. Conf will now close."
Solution: You need to remove SILUX.FON from your windows/fonts or winnt/fonts folder in order to use NetMeeting.
The SIL Ulysses Font is used for displaying Greek characters in the Koine Greek dictionary that is included with LinguaLinks. If the font is not present, the non-Greek portion of LinguaLinks will work, but the Greek lexicon may look strange. If you wish to use both the Greek dictionary and NetMeeting, you need to temporarily remove SILUX.FON from the fonts directory while using NetMeeting.
Technical support is available for licensed users. Please include your Registration Number or License Number with any requests. These may be found on
- a label affixed to your SIL Software booklet
- your hard drive in the SILProductKey.txt file, and
- your hard drive at the end of one or more TechSupport.txt files.
International Academic Bookstore
+ 1 972 708 7468
+ 1 972 708 7363