SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Current version: 5.0, released November 2002
- Acrobat Reader error when opening Where there is no doctor
- Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer unable to open password protected PDF documents
- Acrobat Reader 4.0 'having a problem opening external documents' error message
- Broken PDF links
- Cannot find required files
- Keyman 3.2 does not work
- Missing bibliographic annotations
- NetMeeting and SIL Ulysses fonts on LinguaLinks
- New Acrobat Reader versions available
Service Bulletin LL40-20030714-4
Windows 95 only
Acrobat Reader 4.0 'having a problem opening external documents' error message
LinguaLinks 4.0 Library
Problem: When running Acrobat Reader 4.0 to access .pdf files, you see an error message "having a problem opening 'external' documents."
- Uninstall all previous versions of Acrobat Reader.
Tip: Use Control Panel...Add or remove Programs.
- Manually delete any Acrobat Reader 3.0 files or directories left over after the uninstall.
- Reinstall Acrobat Reader 4.0 or a later version.
Suggestion: Install a newer version of the Reader program. See Service bulletin New Acrobat Reader versions available.
Technical support is available for licensed users. Please include your Registration Number or License Number with any requests. These may be found on
- a label affixed to your SIL Software booklet
- your hard drive in the SILProductKey.txt file, and
- your hard drive at the end of one or more TechSupport.txt files.
International Academic Bookstore
+ 1 972 708 7468
+ 1 972 708 7363