SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Current version: 5.0, released November 2002
- Acrobat Reader error when opening Where there is no doctor
- Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer unable to open password protected PDF documents
- Acrobat Reader 4.0 'having a problem opening external documents' error message
- Broken PDF links
- Cannot find required files
- Keyman 3.2 does not work
- Missing bibliographic annotations
- NetMeeting and SIL Ulysses fonts on LinguaLinks
- New Acrobat Reader versions available
Service Bulletin LL40-20030714-1
Cannot find required files
LinguaLinks 4.0 Workshops and Library
Problem: Lingualinks displays confusing messages when the LinguaLinks CD-ROM is required to be in the drive.
- LinguaLinks Workshops displays "Required file cannot be found."
- When attempting to do a global search of the LinguaLinks Library .pdf documents, the index files are unavailable in the Index Selection dialog.
Explanation: The following functions require access to files that are only on the CD-ROM:
- Viewing multimedia previews of the Library bookshelves
- Viewing movie clips about the use of the LinguaLinks analytical tools and creating a Language Project
- Searching across all .pdf files in Acrobat Reader using the indexes on the CD-ROM
Solution: Make sure the LinguaLinks CD-ROM is in the drive.
Tip: Installing the LinguaLinks Workshop patches changes the message from "File not found" to "Insert the LinguaLinks CD-ROM."
Technical support is available for licensed users. Please include your Registration Number or License Number with any requests. These may be found on
- a label affixed to your SIL Software booklet
- your hard drive in the SILProductKey.txt file, and
- your hard drive at the end of one or more TechSupport.txt files.
International Academic Bookstore
+ 1 972 708 7468
+ 1 972 708 7363