SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Current version: 2.2 (obsolete), released 2006
Speech Analyzer · Phonology Assistant · IPA Help
Service Bulletin SPT20-20030805
ASAP IPA keyboard not compatible with Keyman 6.0
Speech Tools 2.0
Problem: The accessory Keyman program was upgraded to 6.0 but the ASAP IPA keyboard provided on the SIL Language Software 1.0 Disk 1 is for Keyman 3.2.
Solution: Install the updated Keyman 6.0 keyboard definition file IPA93-96.kmx.
Prerequisites: You need to install Keyman 6.0 and a file unzipping utility, such as PowerZip.
File source: The ASAP IPA Keyboard.exe self-extracting zip file contains the compiled Keyman 6.0 keyboard file, IPA93-96.kmx, plus the Keyman Source File, IPA93-96.kmn and Keyboard Icon file, IP936On.bmp, which are necessary only if you want to modify and recompile the keyboard.
- Click this link to open ASAP IPA Keyboard.exe.
- In the File Download dialog, click Open and OK.
- In the Self-extracting Archive dialog, make sure your \Speech tools\Extra\Keyman folder is specified as the Unzip To Folder.
- If the Self-extractor dialog asks you, click Yes to overwrite IPA93-96.kmn.
(Result: This will overwrite the Version 3.2 keyboard.)
- In \Speech tools\Extra\Keyman, click IPA93-96.kmx to install the keyboard. (If this does not work, consult your Keyman documentation.)
Because the use of this software is granted at no cost , the user is not entitled to free technical support from SIL International. Go to individual software product pages for online information or Service Bulletins.
If you purchased a license for this product in the past, read the documentation accompanying the software for availability of technical support.