SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Current version: 5.0, released May 2003
- Cannot find required files
- Keyman 3.2 does not work
- Lexical Database—malfunction of permission statement feature
- LinguaLinks Workshops does not open
- LinguaLinks 4.0 patches and .exell update
- NetMeeting and SIL Ulysses fonts on LinguaLinks
- New Acrobat Reader versions available
- Upgrading from Workshops 3.5 to 4.0
- Wordforms contain periods from using IPA fonts in interlinear texts
- Workshop Explorer screen and toolbar do not display properly
Service Bulletin LLW40-20030714-1
LinguaLinks 4.0 patches and .exell update
LinguaLinks 4.0 Workshops
These updates address a variety of issues in LinguaLinks Workshops 4.0. This update consists of four files:
|Cellar.exell||Fixes a bug that sometimes, when users paste text into text boxes, the text that appears in the text boxes is not actually added to the knowledge base|
|loadMeFirst .clr||Is required for installing all LinguaLinks Patch files (.llp )|
|secondPart.llp||Installs a series of patches that have been combined into this file|
Installs a second series of patches, including new lexical relations for the Koine Greek Dictionary and the English Lexical Database
Caution: This update is for LinguaLinks 4.0 only.
- Go to Help ... About LinguaLinks Workshops.
- In About LinguaLinks Workshops, look under the title.
Warning: Do not load any of the patches described in this Service Bulletin if it does not say Version 3.5r–6 May 99, or Version 4.0–14 Dec 99 or later. Do not load this patch to Version 5.0.
- Exit LinguaLinks Workshops.
- Click this link, cellar.exe, to launch the executable zip file.
- Click Open.
Result: Cellar.exell will unzip to your C:\linglink\cellar directory, overwriting your old cellar.exell file.
- Click this link, patches.exe to launch the executable zip file.
- Click Open Result: patches.exe will unzip by default into C:\linglink\cellar\patches\.
- Start LinguaLinks Workshops.
- With the Workshop Explorer pane active, choose File...Import.
- In the Import dialog box, choose Project.
- Click File.
- In the "Select Cellar dump file to import" dialog, open loadMeFirst.clr in the directory where you unzipped this file.
- In the Import dialog box, click OK.
- Open the Workshop Explorer window.
- Select File...Import.
- In the Import dialog box, choose "Project or Patch."
- Click File.
- In "Select Cellar dump file to import," open secondPart.llp and click OK.
- When the message concerning the function of the patch is displayed, click Yes.
- After secondPart.llp has finished loading, repeat steps 1 to 6 to import thirdPart.llp.
Tip: After installing the patches, you may delete the \patches directory.
Technical support is available for licensed users. Please include your Registration Number or License Number with any requests. These may be found on
- a label affixed to your SIL Software booklet
- your hard drive in the SILProductKey.txt file, and
- your hard drive at the end of one or more TechSupport.txt files.
International Academic Bookstore
+ 1 972 708 7468
+ 1 972 708 7363