SIL Software Catalog
SIL has developed more than 60 pieces of software to support the work of its fieldworkers; most available to the public for free download. This on-line catalog contains product descriptions, download or purchasing instructions, and technical support information, including the latest SIL software Service Bulletins.
All Titles | Categories | Keywords | Platforms | Recommendations
Speech Analyzer (Supported)
Current version: 3.0.1, released December 2007
You can use Speech Analyzer to do the following tasks:
- Perform fundamental frequency, spectrographic and spectral analysis, and duration measurements.
- Add phonemic, orthographic, tone, and gloss transcriptions to phonetic transcriptions in an interlinear format.
- Perform ethnomusicological analysis of music recordings.
- Use slowed playback, repeat loops and overlays to assist with perception and mimicry of sounds for language learning.
Note: If you have transcribed data that cannot be converted to Unicode, Speech Tools 2.2 contains a non-Unicode version Speech Analyzer still available at Speech Tools downloads
Getting Speech Analyzer
- Speech Analyzer downloads
- Available on SIL Language Freeware Disc 2 NOTE: There may be a version available that is newer than what is found on SIL Language Freeware Disc 2. Check Speech Analyzer for most recent release.