Additional Documentation for Toolbox
This page contains additional documentation for Toolbox. This includes documents, downloadable packages, and links to other sites that have useful documentation. Note that the primary documentation for Toolbox is the Self-Training package on the downloads page. Also see the Toolbox techniques page for useful packages.
MDF (Multi-Dictionary Formatter) Documentation
MDF is a dictionary formatting package that is a part of Toolbox.
- Making Dictionaries Detailed information on using MDF. The installation information in this book is out of date, but the information on using the MDF marker set is very thorough and helpful.
- Updates to Making Dictionaries Updates and additional information.
- MDF Fields Database Toolbox project with a database that shows all the field markers available in MDF (Multi-Dictionary Formatter) with documentation and discussion of each one.
- Adding a Field to MDF Document describing the steps needed to add a new marker to an MDF database so it can be succesfully printed.
CC (Consistent Changes) Tutorial
Consistent Changes (CC) is a powerful programming language for manipulating text. It can be used in a variety of ways in Toolbox. This tutorial is a work in progress. Lessons will be added at the rate of one every week or two.
- CC Lesson 1 A Quick Overview, uses CC Project 1 zip file of a Toolbox project. Gives a brief introduction to unrestricted changes.
- CC Lesson 2 Restricting Changes to Specific Fields, uses CC second lesson zip file of a Toolbox project to illustrate how to restrict changes to particular fields.
Windows allows the user to navigate into zipped folders as if they were not zipped, but Toolbox and CC won't run inside a zipped project. This write up explains how to be sure you're in the unzipped version, not the zipped folder. This is recommended for anyone who is insecure or who finds that Toolbox won't run the CC tutorial projects. Being Sure the Folder is Unzipped
These are optional additional documentation packages.
- Creating a Keyboard Using MSKLC Documentation on creating a keyboard using MSKLC, Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. MSKLC keyboards work well with Toolbox, including automatic keyboard switching.
- Grammatical Tone Documentation and sample projects showing ways of handling grammatical tone in Toolbox.
- Adaptation Samples Documentation and samples for doing Related Language Adaptation in Toolbox, including samples of the Rearrange and Generate processes.